Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Goodbye my Friends

In my experiences with “goodbyes,” I have accepted a definition in understanding the reason for goodbyes. Goodbyes are endings to new beginnings.From the moment we let go of a person or event and say “farewell,” a second later, we are thinking differently or making different plans that are new to our lives.I begin to question why it is hard to say “goodbye” knowing in my mind that new life experiences will be the result.Often times the newness is good and beneficial. I think that maybe it is hard to say goodbye because I’m a creature of habit. So, as it is hard to break a habit, it is hard to say goodbye to the “normal” or expected. My life has changed so much already, as a result, of many goodbyes, and as I look back, I do not regret any of my choices. I should think more about the new choices more then the goodbye itself, and I should stop beating myself up about what I could have done…. I’m a stronger person because of my ability to build from my choices. I never felt I would not be successful, but I have felt like I could have made better choices. I’m beginning to understand the it is not the various choices I could have made, but the choices I am making from my “goodbyes” that mean more to my life. today I look in the mirror…I am happy, and I am not lonely.

No comments: