Friday, August 1, 2008

A Glimpse of Real Me


The words that encouraged me to seek God's holy book came first from my sister and my relatives. Their passion for Him is what I know makes the good in them became best as they'd face life with God.

5 years ago, I really know too little about Him, I'd even thought they were two individual.. That Jesus is not God, that Jesus died because people were bad and killed him and that's why were sinful.. too shallow is it to think like that.

But I have been invited in a camp that became the stepping stone of seeing myself having passion to know Him deeply. And left something strange that makes me always wanting to be in church, my heart do feel at home. I communicate with Him and began to have a personal faith instead of just believing. Now, Im commiting myself to God, to Jesus.. A commitment that I will cherish forever.

Looking back, I remember how affected I am when m family misunderstand each other, thought them as thoughtless. The times my naughtiness leads me to a quarrels, to a fights with others. The times I cried not because of physical hurting but more of emotional burden. There was no Him at that time.. and it was so hard... I made many wrong doings and had driven many people to no good. Letting Him enter my life is not easy, one reason was the pressure I got from peers, and result, my spiritual life did not grow. It remained static. I cried out to God and asked him, 'are you there'?

After my mom's accident. A miracle happened. A life saved. I'm so thankful that my mom didn't lose hope and able to recover fast and walk again. God has been so good to me. He gave me hope, a purpose to live, and peace. Now I know that every trials has a purpose! Letting you fall doesn't mean He doesn't love you. Having experienced Jesus's saving power, my eyes were opened and love to have God with me in this chapter of my life.

My Life changed instantly. Things I considered of major importance previously, changed, now I no longer focus on it. I realized how important God is to our lives. I find myself often in tears as the Holy Spirit shows me the deeper meaning of a line of the Word. I realized I still have far to go. I am still a child, physically not, but spiritually. I'm proud to be a Christian.. In the name of Jesus Christ, our Saviour. To God Be the Glory...

No comments: