Wednesday, June 20, 2007

She was My Choice?


She was perfect. The girl of my dreams. Smart, Pretty, Talented and Inteligent. As I look into her eyes, I knew that softness and getleness are so much a part of her nature. I was mezmerized as she sung among the church choir. At that Instant, I felt in love with her.

But everything become a big dream to me. I saw her face almost everyminute. My mind send pictures of a lovely girl, so very often that I started day dreaming and forget my studies. I look at my books but it is her face I see. I sung with the choir but my voice echoed the voice of an undying love song. All of these makes me feel unhappy and frustrated. I know I have to make a decision. My grades are falling. I am listless and silent the whole day and my classmates notice a difference. At the age of sixteen(16) years, I am still young to let love control my being. ''Let Go'' that's what i did. I stop writing love songs, the poems I wrote for her, I now put under my drawer. I cannot make a decision to court her right now. I want to finish my studies first. I want to go to college. I cannot love her and study without neglecting her. I don't want to hurt her by not giving her time and effort. I have a big future. To want to help my mother. She is now sick and still unable to walk. I want to help my brother and sisters. I can work after high school and study at the same time.

Today, I know I made the right choice. We are both so young. We have to study first so we can have a bought future ahead. I know if we are both for each other, time will come that we can be together once more. God will open the way, in his time...

1 comment:

elliott said...

Hey Raphael good to know that your trusting God to lead your path. Its not going to be easy.
Yeah in His time He will provide for you. Right now God has other priorities for you. Glorify God in your studies and family.
Cheer up my friend.