Monday, May 28, 2007

Gaining the Strength to Stand Alone


''Loneliness is a required course for leadership,'' there's a time I felt completely alone from friends and family, away from Zebedee, away from anyone who really knew me- these simple words gave me perspective on the purpose for my loneliness. God was using the loneliness to teach me complete dependence upon Him. I could no longer look to other people for my confidence. I had no choice but to find my courage and hope in Him. This kind of total dependence on the Lord was preparing me to become more effective for His kingdom. I was gaining the inward strength of character I would need to become a leader someday for Him.


A true leader must have enough backbone to stnd alone- even when crowds wants to take the easy road home. A true leader cannot dependent on companionship for his or her security, but must learn to trust in God alone. Singleness can give us this kind of backnone- courage, confidence, and leadership skills that any effective Christian must learn. ( I did'nt said that we must be a loner. )

No comments: