Monday, May 14, 2007

Searching for True Love


The past year have held challenges like we've never know before. Time and time again, you have provided a comforting refuge of encouragement, support, prayer, and most of all, unconditional love.
How many years had I longed and urgently searched for true love? How many nights had I laid awake, dreaming of a beautiful romance - a lasting relationship that wouldn't end in heartache?
I yearned to be loved and cherished. I had a dreamed of a perfect love story for my entire life. But somewhere in the midst of the endless cycle of one temporary romance after the next, my dreams had shattered right along with the broken and fragmented pieces of heart.
I had asked other advice. Those from the older generation had simply given guideliness to follow, which were so completely out of touch with the reality of my world that they were worthless to me. As a Christian, I had listened carefully to the instructions given by the church leaders, and tried to follow the Christian rules of dating to the letter. But their rules never protected me from a broken heart and shattered life.
When I turned to those in the younger generation, I found they were all in the same boat I was in- an endless cycle of shallow and cheap romances that never lasted and left us emotionally bleeding and insecure. In fact, the pain I experience was small compared to what many of my friends had gone through.
As I lay on my bed pondering these thoughts, I found myself inwardly forming a desperate prayer. ''God, where are you in this?'' my heart cried silently. ''I am your child. All my life, you know I have longed for something beautiful. I have searched for true love. Does a pure and perfect romance even exist in this dark world of lust and pervision and sin? Should I even dare to dream of something beyond the shallow, meaningless, cheap version of love I've known so far?''
A quiet challenge deeply touched my spirit in that moment, as if God were tenderly standing before me, with tears of boundles love in his eyes, whispering to my heart... You have searched for true love inyour own way. But my ways are not your ways.
It wasn't too long after the tear-filled, hopeless night that my unforgetable journey began. It was a journey to discover something I never before knew existed- the matchless beauty of God -written love story. More out of desperation than confidence.
I was so aware of the conversation, painting each sunset, and standing over us with a smile. The cheap, imitation romance I'd known before simply could not be compared to this new kind of love I had discovered. I was daily amazed that I had come from a place of heartbreak, confusion, and compromise, to a dream come true. I had discovered a kind of divine love that can't even be found in the fairy tales, simply by giving God the pen of my life's story. He was interested in this part of my life. He did have a plan! And he has one for you, too.

As for God, His way is perfect. ( Psalm 18:30 )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Confidence is a bridge, faith Is a hand, The best proof of love, is trust, Sometimes the deepest impressions on your heart can be made by the lightest touch, try to be strong without her and u will see the difference, u are a good writer dnt waist it...

Anonymous said...

wow your blog really helpful.. i have a questions... i'm a non- believer person, God created us to be his disciple? I know we have a free will to do what we want but i can't understand it.. Why God so selfish that He created us to follow his commandments... to be honest I hate Him.