Saturday, May 26, 2007

What's Your Story?


What's Your Story?

Did you see yourself in any of these thirty-one individuals? Have you also known of the despair of not knowing what to do and where to turn? Did you ever get frustrated or lonely? Desperate?

If the answer is yes, don't be surprised.

As long as we are living lives in our own, ruling our own worlds, we will be desperate. Whether we're on top of the world or at the bottom of the pit, we cannot escape the feeling that something is wrong. Because something is wrong- us.


I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate to do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. ( Romans 7 : 15- 17 )


Have you ever tried to avoid something you knew was wrong but ended up doing it anyway? This internal tug-of-war is something all of us experience. Sadly, no matter how hard we pull the rope, we will always lose. It is not because we do not try hard enough, it is because we are incapable to win because of sin. We are born sinful and it is in our nature to sin. Ever since Adam committed the first sin, all of us inherited his sinful nature. Thus, every person is born seperated from God. All of us- without exception- are sinners and deserve to face enternal seperation from God.


For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. ( Romans 3: 23 )


As it is written : ''There is no one righteous, not even one; no one who seeks God. All have turned away, They have together become worthless; There is no one who understands, No one who seeks God. All have turned away, They have together become worthless; There is no one who does good, not even one.'' ( Romans 3 : 10-12 )


You might wonder, ''Why doesn't God just accept me as I am? If He is so loving, why can't He just cancel my sins? But God is not only a God of love but also a God of justice. What good would a judge be if he decides on a whim to let go of the guilty? God in His great love instead provided a way for us to be reconciled with Him.

God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have enternal life. ( John 3 : 16 )

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. ( Romans 5 : 8 )

For


The salvation of God offers to us through His Son Jesus Christ is a gift. In fact, it is the greatest gift any of us can ever receive because its value will last through all eternity.


For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is enternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. ( Romans 6 : 23 )


For it is by grace you have been saved through faith- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast. ( Ephesians 2 : 8-9 )


But it is not enough to just know about Jesus Christ and the gift of enternal life. We must first acknowledge that we are sinners, make a decision to turn away from sin, individually receive Jesus Christ into our hearts and commit to have a personal relationship with Him.


And this is the testimony; God has given us enternal life, and this life is in his Son, He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. ( 1 John 5 : 11-12 )


...but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the Man he has appointed. ( Acts 17 : 30-31 )


If you confess with your mouth, ''Jesus is Lord,'' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. ( Romans 10 : 9 )


Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gaved the right to become children of God. ( John 1 : 12 )


PRAYER- for those who not yet accepted God as their Savior and Lord...

Lord Jesus,


I am tired of living life on my own strength. I admit that I am a sinner and I need your forgiveness. Help me turn away from sin and live a life of obedience to you. Thank you for giving Your life for me and paying the penalty of my sins. I now receive You as my Savior and Lord. Please come into my heart and take control of my life. Forgive me for all my sins and help me become the kind of person that God wants me to be.

No comments: